Research Fellowships at USB
The University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) is internationally accredited by the AACSB, EQUIS and AMBA. USB is also a member of EDAMBA and of the GRLI's Global Doctoral Alliance. In addition, the USB regularly appears among the Top 3 schools in Africa and in South Africa in terms of business school rankings.
Research fellows are regarded as a strategic asset to strengthen and extend the position of USB in a certain field of research. USB appoints research fellows from scholars from around the world to work with USB researchers in order to enhance the School's academic, learning and research environment.
A research fellow is someone with academic esteem who, upon appointment as research fellow, enters into a formal affiliation with USB. This is not intended for people who will only be visiting USB for a short period of time. Instead, it a true and longer term research partnership that needs to be forged. The appointment of research fellows is thus a strategic instrument to realise the vision, mission and objectives of USB. This gives top international academic researchers the opportunity to work at a triple accredited business school in the northern parts of Cape Town.
Critical thinking and thought leadership in various management-related fields are important to USB, and research fellowships play a key role in this. USB actively seeks visiting research fellows with varying competences to complement those of its faculty. As such, USB invites approved academic researchers to join the School in the capacity of research fellows with the aim to:
- Stimulate and increase the quality and quantity of basic and applied (practice driven) research outputs of USB
- Establish and expand the research culture and networks in USB
- Provide interested people from the community and industry, who have the required experience and training, the opportunity to contribute to a specific subject field by way of research
- Expand USB's academic capacity and tuition capacity.
USB usually provides relevant research fellows with the required infrastructure to perform their research functions as agreed upon. USB also appoints an appropriate staff member as host for each research fellow, based on the research fellow's field(s) of interest. These academic hosts will provide support and advice regarding the research practices and requirements of USB.
More information about Research Fellowships
If you are interested in joining the triple accredited USB as a research fellow, please contact Prof Mias de Klerk, USB's Head of Research:
- Telephone: +27 (0)21 918 4139
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mailing address: PO Box 610, Bellville 7535, South Africa
- Physical address: Carl Cronjé Drive, Bellville 7530, Cape Town, South Africa