Advanced Business Ethics Leadership Colloquium 2018
An International Colloquium
Wittenberg Centre for Global Ethics (WCGE) in Germany and the University of Stellenbosch Business School (USB) in South Africa
TWO FACILITATED STUDY MODULES IN TWO WORLD-CALSS CITIES
We are proud to announce a joint initiative between two well-established business education institutions to enhance business ethics leadership skills on the African continent.
This International Leadership Ethics Colloquium is designed for senior level managers and participation is limited to 20 select members from the African continent only.
It will take place over two stimulating and highly interactive study schools in Stellenbosch near Cape Town (South Africa) and Wittenberg close to the capital city of Berlin (Germany).
KEY QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ADDRESSED
- Why has moral intelligence moved from a “soft” issue to become a key leadership requirement for business today?
- What key competencies and behaviors are required for ethical business leaders?
- What can we learn from the link between ethical reputation and commercial success or failure?
- Is it possible to do ethical business in a context of endemic corruption?
- How does a business leader determine stakeholder value?
- What role do local context and culture play in global business organizations?
- What can we learn from positive business and civil society ethical role models?
- What global codes exist that can assist us to achieve better governance?
- Is there hope that humankind will act responsibly in light of our ecological challenges?
Participation is via successful application only. Applications must be submitted on a prescribed form which is available by contacting the International Office here
. Applications close by 16h00 RSA time on 16 February 2018.
- Stellenbosch (Cape Town): 15-19 April 2018
- Wittenberg (Berlin): 20-23 June 2018
The actual programme cost is ZAR120 000, but via sponsorships the fee for participation in both study schools is set at ZAR30 000. The only additional cost is visa-related expenses, flights to Cape Town and personal insurance. All other costs – including food, accommodation, local travel, return flights to Germany from participants’ home countries – are covered by sponsorship.
Contact Sheena Maneveld for more information
+27 21 918 4196