The functions of the Governance Committee are to:
- Oversee fund-raising activities, and appoint a fund-raising committee, if necessary
- Determine broad policies and activity areas
- Determine research policy
- Approve the business strategy and a business plan
- Approve budgets
- Approve risk management policies
- Consider reports and applications, and to provide recommendations to the USB and the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, including recommendations in terms of recruitment and remuneration, and
- Address any other issue that might impact significantly on the Centre.
The committee of the Centre for Corporate Governance in Africa consists of Prof Piet Naudé, Director of the USB; Prof Stan du Plessis, Dean of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences, Stellenbosch University; Prof Bob Garratt (ex officio); Mr Daniel Malan (ex officio); Prof Philip Sutherland; Dr Minka Woermann; Prof Wolfgang Thomas; Prof Charles Adjasi; Thina Siwendu.