This one-year programme is covered in four on-campus blocks of five and a half days each (Monday to Saturday). Participants need to do self-study and assignments during the remainder of the time.
- Block 1: 5 – 10 February 2018
- Block 2: 9 – 14 April 2018
- Block 3: 18 – 24 June 2018
- Block 4: 1 – 6 October 2018
Deadline for applications
- South African students: 30 November 2017
- ARPL applicants: 31 October of each year
- Students from (visa-exempt) SADC countries: 15 November 2017
- Students from the rest of the world: 15 November 2017
- Study permits for foreign students at USB: Obtaining a study permit (study visa) from the South African authorities takes up to 12 weeks from the date of being offered a place on a programme at USB – hence the early application deadline for foreign students.
- Multiple entry visas: Students from non-SADC African countries and other countries with visa requirements who need to apply for study visas can obtain a letter from USB confirming the duration of registration at USB. This will help students to obtain multiple-entry study visas in case of modular studies.
- Timetable changes: USB reserves the right to change the dates of the lecture schedule or subjects per term table. Students will be informed of any changes in good time.
- Late applications: USB will do everything possible to accommodate applications submitted after the closing date.