HOW TO APPLY
- A relevant Bachelor's degree or demonstrated Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning
- Proven relevant working experience of five to seven years
How the online application process works
Before you start
- You will be able to complete the form in steps without losing information.
- The online application form consists of various sections. In order to process to the next section, all the information in the current section must be completed and accepted by the information management system.
- The application process is the same for South African and foreign students.
- It is best to use Google Chrome as web browser when completing your application.
The application process
Go to www.USB.ac.za/apply and complete the online Postgraduate Diploma in Leadership Development application form by completing each of the following sections:
Section 1: Personal details
Section 2: Address details
Section 3: Work and studies
Section 4: Marketing
Section 5: Documentation
Upload the following supporting documentation:
- Completed and signed application form
- Certified copies of all academic records and degree/diploma certificates
- Proof of application fee payment
- Detailed CV
- A copy of your ID (or passport for non-South African students)
- A marriage certificate (where the applicant's new surname does not match that on the degree certificates)
Section 6: Application fee payment
Bank: Standard Bank; Type of account: cheque account; Account name: US Business School; Account number: 073003069; Branch name: Stellenbosch; Branch code: 050610; Beneficiary name: Stellenbosch University; SWIFT code: SBZAZAJJ. Proof of payment of your application fee and SHL fee should be e-mailed to the cashier at email@example.com.
Section 7: Status
Assessme nt and Recognition of Prior Learning
USB provides wider access to its programmes through its Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning (ARPL) process. In line with the requirements of the Council for Higher Education (CHE), USB may admit up to 10% of its student body under ARPL.
In order to be admitted to a Postgraduate Diploma at USB, candidates should be in possession of a relevant degree or National Diploma at NQF level 7.
Candidates who wish to be admitted under the ARPL policy will firstly have to submit all the documentation and tests as required for all prospective students. In addition, prospective students applying for a Postgraduate Diploma at USB have to adhere to the following:
- Have at least an NQF 4 qualification.
- Have at least TEN years of working experience after obtaining a school leaving certificate, of which at least FIVE years should have been in a management or related professional position.
- Submit a comprehensive CV, indicating detailed areas of responsibility as well as information of activities outside the work environment.
- Provide USB with at least two references (typically current or former line heads) who can testify about the candidate's managerial or related professional abilities. These references will be required to give a detailed personal reference about the candidate on forms provided by USB.
- Next, USB's Admissions Committee (head of the programme and another academic) will conduct an in-depth interview with the candidate.
- If the Committee is of the opinion that the candidate has the abilities to cope with the demands of the Postgraduate Diploma, he/she may be admitted.
- A recommendation of admission is sent via USB's Academic Planning Committee to the Board of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences for notification.
What happens after you have applied?
Your application can only be accepted for consideration if it is accompanied by the appropriate supporting documents. Your application will go through the USB’s selection process. An interview (face-to-face or telephonically) can be requested. The outcome of the selection process will be made known within 30 days or soon thereafter.