- South African students can pay the full programme fees upon registration or they can pay 75% of the annual fees by the end of May and the balance of 25% by the end of September.
- The fees for 2nd year of enrolment and subsequent years of enrolment will be adjusted to make provision for annual price increases.
- Deposit: All students pay a deposit on acceptance of admission. Foreign students must pay a deposit of 50% of the annual programme fees on acceptance to the programme and the balance prior to, or upon registration. The deposit is deducted from the programme fee. The deposit payable is non-refundable.
- Application fee: The application fee must accompany the application. The application fee is not refundable.
- €1 = about R14.39; US$ 1 = about R12.87 (28 May 2017).
- ·Students are responsible for their own travel and accommodation arrangements and costs.
- USB reserves the right to change the fees at any time.
Bursaries and scholarships
- Financial support for full-time PhD students: Bursaries or scholarships are available. An application for financial assistance will only be considered after acceptance of the comprehensive proposal.
- Facilities and services for PhD students: This includes an office, and access to IT facilities, an onsite library and other support services.
- Attending conferences and workshops: Financial support is available in the doctoral programme budget to enable full-time scholarship PhD students to attend and present papers at conferences and workshops.
- Providing teaching and research assistance: Full-time scholarship students are expected to be present at USB for approximately 100 hours per year for contractually negotiated tasks such as teaching and research assistance.