Mission & Vision
"The USB’s vision is to be the preferred knowledge partner of the world in Africa and of Africa in the world"
The USB’s mission is to
create, disseminate and apply business knowledge through the provision
of relevant, emancipatory, well-founded
and responsibly delivered business education and
research of international standard to current and future leaders
with particular emphasis on sub-Saharan Africa
We do this by:
- delivering top-quality business education to individuals and organisations
- producing research which is worthy of international respect
- promoting authentic, critical academic discourse
- engaging positively and imaginatively with societal issues
- embracing diversity and transformation
- fostering the interests of our stakeholders, specifically organisations, students, alumni, international partners and society
The USB Standard
A test to guide our thoughts and actions:
- Is it open, honest and ethical?
- Is it impartial, non-discriminatory and fair to all?
- Will it enhance true scholarship and collegiality?
- Will it foster criticality, insight and intellectual advancement?
- Is it inclusive, generous, affirming and transformative?
- Does it offer equal access, participation and opportunity?
- Will it impact constructively and responsibly on industry, society and the environment?