The following is required for admission to USB’s MPhil in Management Coaching:
- An honours degree, OR
- A four-year professional bachelor’s degree, OR
- A three-year bachelor’s degree and a postgraduate diploma.
- Applicants must have a minimum of four years of work experience in the field of People Management.
- Psychometric testing may also be required.
- Candidates' previous academic qualifications should be at least on NQF Level 8.
Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning
USB provides wider access to its programmes through its Assessment and Recognition of Prior Learning (ARPL) process. In line with the requirements of the Council for Higher Education (CHE), USB may admit up to 10% of its student body under ARPL.
In order to be admitted to a Master's programme at USB, candidates should be in possession of a relevant NQF 8 qualification, such as an Honours degree, 4-year in-depth Bachelor's degree or a postgraduate diploma.
Candidates who wish to be admitted under the ARPL policy will firstly have to submit all the documentation and tests as required for all prospective students.
In addition, prospective MPhil in Management Coaching students have to adhere to the following:
- Have at least an NQF 6 qualification (3-year tertiary qualification in a related field).
- Have at least EIGHT years of working experience in Human Capital Development.
- Submit a comprehensive CV, indicating detailed areas of responsibility as well as information of activities outside the work environment.
- Write an assignment of at least 10 pages (11-point font size with 1.5 spacing) with references about a coaching topic, provided by the programme head. The assignment must contain a signed declaration of own work.
- Provide USB with at least two references (typically current or former line heads) who can testify about the candidate's managerial or related professional abilities. These references will be required to give a detailed personal reference about the candidate on forms provided by USB.
- Next, USB's Admissions Committee (head of the programme and another academic) will conduct an in-depth interview with the candidate.
- If the Committee is of the opinion that the candidate has the abilities to cope with the demands of the MPhil in Management Coaching programme, he/she may be admitted.
- A recommendation of admission is sent via USB's Academic Planning Committee to the Board of the Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences for notification.