MPhil in Development Finance
Acquire critical skills
The MPhil in Development Finance (MDevF) covers all aspects of development finance, including a thorough understanding of the theories underpinning development finance practices. It also focuses on enterprise-level development finance and sustainable growth. This makes the MDevF a critical-skills degree for Africa.
It is aimed at people who are involved with finance and financial management issues in developing countries.
PDF of comprehensive MDevF brochure in English [Read]
PDF of comprehensive MDevF brochure in English [Print / Download]
Implementing African-driven solutions is the new approach to the economic development of the African continent. With this qualification participants will be able to:
- Use specialised knowledge to develop Africa where it matters
- Contribute towards sustainable development
- Implement Africa-driven solutions
- Shape finance policies and programmes
- Conduct in-depth research
- Understand the key role of DFIs and financial institutions
Study while you work
The MDevF is a 2-year modular programme, which means that you have to attend 4 blocks of 2 weeks each on the USB campus in Bellville, Cape Town. Off-campus you have to complete a research report. This enables students from all over South Africa and other countries to attend – even when working full-time.
Find out about the fee structure
Find out about the MDevF admission requirements.
- Deadline for applications: 31 October 2013
- Start of academic year: 3 March 2014
USB's presence in Africa
USB has representatives in Lagos in Nigeria and Nairobi in Kenya for the convenience of students from East Africa and West Africa.