Give back by becoming a mentor
Mentorship is one of the ways in which alumni can give back to USB.
USB needs the support of alumni as mentors for our MBA and other students. We are also looking for alumni to mentor Small Business Academy participants. Our mentors can choose from five areas of mentoring:
- MBA, MDevF and MCoach students: Mentor students on the MBA, MPhil in Development Finance or MPhil in Management Coaching programmes.
- Career mentoring: Mentor students on career path planning.
- Industry-specific mentoring: Mentor students who want to work in a specific industry.
- Research assignments / theses: Mentor students who are working on research assignments or theses in your field of expertise.
- USB Small Business Academy participants: Mentor small business owners from low-income communities who have registered as participants on the nine-month SBA Development Programme at USB’s
Small Business Academy.
How to start the ball rolling
You are invited to indicate your availability, preferred scope of mentorship and areas of expertise by completing the short questionnaire at
as this will allow you to register as a mentor. Please also include your contact details and location. You will then be added to our database of mentors and matched with students who have requested mentorship services.
We know from the feedback from alumni who have acted as mentors for students and SBA participants in the past that this involvement has been most meaningful to them – helping students by sharing their business knowledge, industry know-how and life experience.